Thursday, October 24, 2013

San Francisco Bay Shoreline

Wonderful 10 mile run along the shoreline today.  I ran out 5 miles then retraced my steps.  I really had no idea where the trails went, but just kept going until I hit 5 miles.  I was quite surprised to find that the trail spilled out onto the bike trail that runs along US Highway 101.  I wasn't expecting that.  I only had to run about 1/4 mile on 101 before I reached 5 miles and it was time to turn around.  It was nice and cool but the sun came out so it was a beautiful run.  I saw amazing birds, lots of egrets, pelicans and coots, and even a beautiful blue heron.  I took a few pictures along the way and even carried my small Nikon camera along with me. I felt pretty good considering that I ran a full marathon just a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment