Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Little of Both

I only ran 3 miles today on the treadmill because I really need to get busy on the stationary bike since I am doing a bike ride in Spain and Portugal next month.  Needless to say, I have not been able to ride my bike at all this winter, and certainly not here on the North Slope in the minus 40 temperatures on the snow.  My legs are pretty tired from doing the Kilimanjaro climb workout on the bike.  Steep hill workout.  I figure that's what I need because there are lots of hills in Spain.  I would love to hop on my bike and do a 50 mile bike ride somewhere.  Maybe I will get lucky and when I get home in two weeks the bike trails will be clear enough to use.  With the record snowfalls in Alaska this winter, I suspect I will only be riding my bike indoors on its indoor riding apparatus.  I won't be breaking any speed records in Spain, but I will be stopping a lot to take pictures anyway.

I'm a little sore so I must have gotten a good workout even if the run was pretty short.

St. Patrick's Day today so gotta go GREEN! 
Click on the shamrock to help fight cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment