Thursday, September 22, 2011

Snow

I was so excited to finally see a patch of blue sky.  I got all dressed in my running clothes, grabbed the iPhone, then looked out the window again.  It was snowing so hard that I didn't dare even get in the car and try to find a reasonable place to run.  So sadly, I went downstairs to the treadmill here at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel and ran for only 3 miles.  It gets so hot down there that I feel like I sweat off 10 pounds a mile.  The dreary weather seems to keep me from waking up early enough to do a much longer run like I need to do. Oh where has my motivation gone?  I'm looking forward to getting home next week then starting my drive to San Francisco for the Nike Women's Marathon.  I'm hoping to stop each day along the road for a training run. I hope I can find some fall colors along the way too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment