Friday, September 2, 2011

Pouring Rain

It wasn't the rain itself that made me resort to the treadmill, but the thick mud that the roads around here quickly become when they get wet.  It does make for a good workout because by the time you have reached one mile, you generally have about 3 inches of concrete-like mud hanging from each shoe. 
I was extremely tired today.  Too much stress too much loss lately.  Not only am I sad from losing my mother but yesterday I lost a friend also.  It seemed easier to just crawl under the covers and try to escape from my thoughts.  But I finally forced myself down to the treadmill and put in a quick 3 miles.  I think I needed that.  I do seem to be sleeping better up here in Deadhorse.  I'm not sure why, especially with the sun shining in the window since I have to sleep during the day. 

The shoulder was pain free while I was running, so it does seem to be a good way to exercise that joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment