Thursday, September 1, 2011

Colleen Lake Run

I just had an amazing run around Colleen Lake.  My first day here in Deadhorse after the toughest two month break I have ever had. Surgery in July and loss of my mother in August. This was my first run since my collarbone surgery on July 13th.  I was in real agony when I walked out the door of the Prudhoe Bay Hotel, but within seconds the pain was gone.  Was that an instant runner's high?  Sure seemed that way.  5 minutes after stopping though, the pain was back.  So finally, I have found a second way to get away from the pain, besides being sound asleep.  Running - it stops the pain instantly.  So if I spend all of my time either asleep or running, I will never have anymore shoulder pain! I ran about 6 miles today.  I have to really get on the ball and make up for lost time because I have the Nike Women's Marathon on October 16th and the Rock and Roll Savannah Marathon on November 5th.  I have some catching up to do for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment