Friday, September 23, 2011

Chilly Run

I just couldn't stand the idea of that treadmill again.  It was really cold today and the wind was blowing and it was below freezing, and snowing off and on.  I had hoped to run longer but once again, I just couldn't seem to wake up.  I work all night then sleep during the day with the intention of getting up around 2 pm.  But today I really slept in and woke up at almost 5 pm.  That barely gives me enough time to eat dinner and take a shower, let alone get in any kind of significant workout.  But I jumped in the car and drove down to my favorite little road that goes out to the Sagavanirktok River, parked the car and did a very bone-chilling 3 mile run.  In spite of the windburn on my face it still felt pretty good.  I'm glad I did it. I plan to ride the stationary bike some tonight while at work.  I can do that and still monitor the weather. It's snowing again.
I saw my little Snowy Owl again.  He seems like an omen of goodwill somehow.  He always turns to look at me when I see him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment