Friday, September 9, 2011

Overslept - Short Run

I woke up at 4 pm.  I work nights so that isn't quite as bad as it sounds, but it is still 2 hours later than it should have been.  I have not run for a couple of days because my healing collarbone and shoulder injury has been really giving me trouble.  The running seems to loosen up the joint but it also causes horrendous pain a few hours later.  But today I did manage to drag myself out and do a 3 mile run out on the little trail a few miles south of Deadhorse.  It was snowing off and on, and pretty chilly.  Shoulder is currently killing me, but I am still glad I forced myself to run. With two marathons on the horizon, I really need to get moving. 
Also on the horizon, I am looking at the REI Kilimanjaro Climb and Photo Safari in January, and an awesome bike trip through Lisbon Portugal and Granada Spain in April.  So I think I need to get myself back into shape quickly.
I'm sure sick of the pain though.  But you know what they say - No pain no gain.  Whatever.  I'm not sure this is the kind of pain they are referring too, but it still sounds good anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment