Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ran and Rode

I had a nice 3 mile short run on the treadmill here at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel today.  Then I rode the bike in the exercise room for another 30 minutes.  I love that bike.  It gives my legs the greatest workout.  I have this dream of one summer riding my mountain bike all the way home the 800 miles from Prudhoe Bay to Palmer, Alaska.  I always work up here for June, so July 1st would be the perfect time to start south on my bike.  24 hours of daylight then too.  But right now we have 24 hours of darkness so I do all of my workouts indoors.

I go home in a couple more days and can finally see the sun again.  Maybe get to run outdoors a little or at least on the indoor track at the Wasilla Sports Center.  It will be nice to get off the treadmill and do the real thing again.

Phoenix PF Chang's Marathon coming up next month.  I hope I will be ready after my little setback when I hurt me knee.  It feels fine now though. 

Don't forget, just a couple more days for charitable donations to be deductible for 2009.  Help me in my race to cure cancer by donating to my Team In Training fund.


No comments:

Post a Comment