Friday, September 13, 2024

Bodenburg Butte

 It's still raining in most places, but I decided to at least hike up the Butte. It was raining at home but by the time I got to the trailhead it had actually stopped. I just hiked up with Bella. She was acting a little strangely at first. About a few hundred feet into the trail she stopped and refused to walk. I know she couldn't use the excuse that she was tired, because we've hardly done anything the last few days. I managed to coax her into moving a few more feet with some treats, but then she stopped again. I tried just running and that seemed to get her moving. I often wonder what goes through a dog's mind sometimes. After that, she was happy to keep moving. This trail is mostly wooden stairs which are very steep. Without them, it would be extremely muddy in wet weather. As it was, it was still kind of slippery and muddy even on the stairs themselves. We didn't get any rain and it was totally calm and not very cold all the way up. We met a couple of other hikers who had come up from the trail on the other side, and we passed 2 others on our way back down. There wasn't much activity there today. The trees are starting to turn gold. There were still lots of low clouds obscuring the mountains and glacier views but it was still very beautiful up there. The Butte is always a nice almost 3 mile workout when I don't feel like driving very far. I'm glad Bella decided to continue walking. I think she enjoyed it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment