Monday, October 17, 2022

Twin Peaks Trail

It's been rainy and cloudy and miserable for days. I started out intending to just do a little shopping, but the mountains were calling so I had to go. I had tossed my cross country skis into my car in hopes of finding enough snow to ski somewhere. It has been kind of warm so I wasn't sure what I would find up higher. I drove up to Eklutna Lake, hoping maybe there would be enough on the Lakeside Trail. I found absolutely none there! My dog seems to always prefer climbing to walking on flat trails so I decided to head up the Twin Peaks Trail. We didn't have much time since I had started out rather late this morning. It was cloudy and threatened rain but we made it up the steep trail to the overlook by the first bench. I took a few pictures and took a little break. Then I felt a few raindrops. Baby really wanted to continue climbing, but I decided that might not be fun in the rain. Also, I didn't bring any water or snacks because I had originally figured we would just walk a short distance on the Lakeside Trail. I turned back and Baby tried desperately to pull me up the hill. She finally gave up and headed back down with me. She was on her leash so really wasn't going to win that argument! It was a really nice hike and the views were spectacular as always, in spite of the cloudy weather. Once to the car, it started to pour rain. Descending had been the best decision.




No comments:

Post a Comment