Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Independence Mine Hike

 It snowed yesterday so I wanted to go up and check out the new snow up at Hatcher Pass and Independence Mine. I was contemplating possibly hiking up to Gold Cord Lake again. But when Baby and I got to the trailhead, after walking the mile to reach it, we found it disappeared into the new snow. I was hoping someone had walked it earlier so I could follow their trail. I'm sure, given extra time, and using my AllTrails iPhone app, I could have found my way. But Baby stopped and indicated that she was done with that idea once we crossed the two bridges over the creek. That was where all signs of the trail disappeared. She enjoyed the walk to that point because she was able to walk in old foot prints and ski tracks, avoiding the 4 inches of new snow. I think the deeper snow didn't interest her anymore. But she enjoyed running back down to the car. It was so beautiful. I wish I had been able to get up to the lake. Maybe tomorrow I'll come back with my skis and see if we can get up to Summit Lake again. There appears to be enough snow to do that.





No comments:

Post a Comment