Sunday, October 23, 2022

Ski Independence Mine Trails

 I heard the trail to the mine was groomed, so on a gorgeous day like this, of course I had to grab my cross country skis and go. It was really nice snow and well packed but for some reason, Baby just wasn't interested.  I ended up putting her in my backpack and skiing the entire route with her as a passenger. It was a little cold, but not terribly. 24 when I started but quickly warmed up. There were lots of people, dogs, hikers, and skiers. Maybe just the shear number of other dogs made Baby uncomfortable. I didn't mind carrying her. But on the steeper downhill sections, the weight on my back made me feel a little off balance. I'll have to grow accustomed to having her on my back because she does tend to like to be carried if the weather gets too cold. Maybe I'll try again later this week and see if she feels better with less weekend traffic. It looked like the trail up to Gold Cord Lake was well defined, so maybe we'll try just hiking up there this week. What a beautiful day to be out!





No comments:

Post a Comment