Friday, August 14, 2020

Twin Peaks Trail

 This was a really spectacular hike.  I went with my friend Alice who was a little unsure how far she wanted to hike.  Initially we figured we would only go about a mile and a half to the first bench.  But it was so pleasant that she decided she was up for going another mile to the second bench.  By then I was sure we would turn back.  But several people had come down telling us how gorgeous it is if you go on up the the high ridge where you get the most amazing view of Eklutna Lake.  I really wanted to go but didn't want to force my friend who is recovering from a couple of recent injuries.  But after hearing those stories and my description, she decided she was game for giving it a try.  So up we went to the top of the ridge.  It was spectacular and we were both so glad we had decided to do it.  My iPhone 11 has such a wide angle lens that I was finally able to get the entire lake in one photo. My chihuahua, Baby was with us and trotted along as if she was on flat land the whole time.  




No comments:

Post a Comment