Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Lane Basin at Archangel Valley

Time to take Baby on a real hike.  We went up to Archangel Valley Road, parked at the Reed Lakes parking area and walked the 2 miles to the the gate.  From there we took the trail to the right marked Lane Basin. It was just as lovely as I'd remembered it.  Nice gentle trail up the hill and behind the big rock that forms the Archangel where the rock climbers go. Passed by the little lake and followed the creek way up the valley.  I wanted to get to the old Lane Hut, but I've now heard it is no longer there.  There are two forks in the trail and I chose the one to the right.  I believe that was the wrong one if the hut was my destination.  It kept me on the wrong side of the creek.  Once we got to the waterfall the trail just disappeared and it became pretty swampy and undefined.  But the the weather was deteriorating and I knew rain was on its way.  We lingered by the waterfall for a while then turned back.  Baby did great.  She was a regular hiking machine today, with boundless energy. She practically ran all the way back to the car. 





No comments:

Post a Comment