Thursday, August 6, 2020

Green Day Gallop

 This was originally a marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K event in March to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  But due to the COVID 19 pandemic it was canceled. AKtive Soles decided to put on a modified version of the race this evening, but with only the 5 and 10 K options.  I had originally registered for the marathon but was able to downgrade to the 10K since the marathon was no longer offered.  The race started at 5:30pm.  It was extremely windy but not terribly cold. I managed to complete the 6.2 mile in about one and a half hours.  I ran alone since there were few other runners. The course was similar to the Palmer Happy runners just repeated it for the 10K. 

They did give us a very cute hoodie and a nice little medal.  I got a good workout and was glad that I had decided to do it.  Many people didn't bother because it wasn't officially timed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment