Saturday, August 1, 2020

Archangel Marathon

This turned out to be a tough one for me.  I love that most of it is downhill, but that first mile-long hill that climbs 1000 fee was really difficult for me.  I pushed myself really hard trying to keep up with a friend on that first mile.  I was pretty winded by halfway up the hill.  I was feeling kind of out of shape and a little frustrated to already be last before reaching the first half mile.  I think I am totally out of shape.  It rained just a little for the first hour but then it just stayed mostly cloudy and was a good temperature.  It rained again during the last hour.  A rainstorm only experienced by me, because by that time everyone else had already reached the finish line.  I did feel fairly good until the last couple of miles.  By then I was just extremely tired.  A friendly dog ran with me for the last couple of miles. I try not to be, but I was embarrassed when I finally finished.  I don't mind being last but I wish I wasn't so far behind the other runners.  I am 10 years older than the next younger runner, but that's no excuse!



No comments:

Post a Comment