Monday, July 6, 2020

Palmer Happy Run

The Palmer Happy Runs are on again.  I always like to do the 5 mile option.  But technically since they start at 6pm and you need to get to the Palmer Ale House by 7, that only gives slow people like me, one hour.  In addition, that route is over 5.5 miles.  But they don't really care if you start the run early.  So now I start really early so I can for sure get to the Ale House before 7. Now they are serving food outdoors on the picnic tables, for social distancing which is really nice.  I did get there before 7 tonight and found that I have some friends also doing the runs and walks.  I ended up running alone as usual because the only people who run the 5 mile, are considerably faster then I am.  They all pass me at about mile 4.  But I like that a part of me feels some kind of an obligation to get out there and run at 6pm regardless of the weather.  I had a slow, but still a nice run tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment