Saturday, July 4, 2020

Blueberry Knoll Trail Run

Blueberry Knoll Trail was the designated trail for the Virtual AKtive Valley Trail Race for July.  It looked like a good day for a climbing hike/run so I drove up to the Government Peak trail site and hiked it.  That was my first time on this trail so I had no idea what it would be like.  I did do the Government Peak Trail about 10 years ago.  This trail does also reach the Government Peak summit but branches off to a rock outcropping called Blueberry Knoll.  It was a rather tough climb through lots of green and huge tree roots that tried to grab me every chance they could get.  It reminded me of the first half of the Lazy Mountain Trail because it was steep enough that grabbing tree branches was often a good idea for stability.  I was happy to finally reach the knoll only to find that there were millions of annoying gnats who got there before me. So I didn't stay very long.  But I did really enjoy the hike.  I'd like to take that trail all the way to Government Peak one of these days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment