Sunday, July 5, 2020

Eklutna Lake and Pepper Peak

This morning I couldn't even decide what I wanted to do for the day.  But my car just seemed to head towards Eklutna Lake out of habit I guess.  I wanted to get in some steepness since Hatcher Pass Marathon is next weekend and I'm horribly unprepared!  So I decided on the Twin Peaks Trail and passed on by the second bench and went all the way to the Pepper Peak area to get the magnificent views of Eklutna Lake.  That is one of the most spectacular views in this area.  The weather was quite warm and there was a nice cooling breeze up there.  I hated to leave.  After I got down to the upper bench and it wasn't so steep and slippery, I was able to run the entire way down.  I passed quite a few people heading up as I was heading down.  That was not surprising for a beautiful sunny July 4th holiday weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment