Sunday, July 26, 2020

Girdwood to Bird Bike Trip

I joined my friend Diane for a wonderful bicycle ride from Girdwood to Bird Point and return. It was about 13 miles round trip.  I loved the beautiful views of the inlet.  The trail has sections of gentle up and down hill, but compared to most places, I would almost call it flat. I didn't find that I had to work very hard to get up the long hills.  I managed to have one big mishap though.  I had put my credit card and driver's licence into my bike pack zipper pocket for safety, so I would have them with me.  But at some point, I must have accidentally unzipped that zipper because when we got back to the car, those two cards were gone. I canceled the credit card immediately.  Soon after I got home I got a Facebook message from a lady who found both cards along the trail.  I was able to retrieve them from her in the morning,  I was most concerned about my license, and very happy that an honest person found them.  I will certainly need to be more careful from now on!




No comments:

Post a Comment