Sunday, January 20, 2019

Maui Oceanfront Marathon

A beautiful course and perfect weather today in Maui.  I love this marathon and consider it one of my favorites.  But today was much more difficult than usual.  Three days ago I had a bad fall at home.  I slipped on the ice and landed on my back.  I'm having some serious lower back pain and it bothered me the entire race.  I was doing OK for a little while but as the day wore on, it felt worse and worse.  The traffic along the highway seemed worse than the other times I've run this race.  But part of that could just be because I took an exceptionally long time to reach the finish line due to the pain.  But I did finish. I wasn't last but there were only a couple of runners behind me.  I did the early start which was really a good thing! I'm disappointed in my poor time, but still happy that in spite of pain, I was able to finish the race.



Official Finish Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment