Friday, January 25, 2019

Mainly Marathons Aloha Series Day 2

I could hardly walk last night after running Day 1.  This morning I had recovered a bit so decided to give it a try today. I actually wondered if I'd even be able to do the full marathon, and figured I might need to stop at the half.  This race was gorgeous, all along the ocean on a mostly flat smooth bike trail.  As soon as I started, I realized I was not going to be running today.  I ended up walking right from the beginning.  But walking didn't hurt quite as much as any attempts at running. The jarring of running was excruciating and I knew that wasn't going to be an option.  I was extremely slow and felt a bit guilty because I knew they would have to wait for me because I would likely be last.  And I was last. It was painful but I was at least moving along.  But the last couple of laps were really terrible because it started pouring rain.  The rain was icy cold and the wind was blowing so hard that it was difficult to move against it. I ended up getting a big garbage bag and wearing it as a raincoat.  That helped a little. But I was very slow and of course was last.  I even got the coveted caboose medal given to the last finisher.  I was a bit embarrassed, but at least I did finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment