Saturday, January 26, 2019

Mainly Marathons Aloha Series Day 3

I was really hurting this morning at 3am when I got up.  I wasn't sure if I even wanted to attempt to run.  They do give the same medal regardless of which race you do, so I thought there was a good chance I'd only be doing the 5K.  But I found that two of my slower runner friends who are always far behind me, were also running today. So I began running with one of them, figuring I'd see how far I could go if I could at least keep up with her.  I was surprised when I was still moving when we got all the way to the halfway point.  Today was at the same beautiful oceanfront as yesterday but without the rain.  I was really hurting but still managed to stay with my friend.  I really enjoyed chatting with her along the way too.  But when we reached the last couple of laps I started to lose ground and couldn't keep up with her. Through some miracle of sheer determination, I managed to reach the finish line, once again last.  I was about 20 minutes behind my friend who I had walked with most of the way. I was really hurting and wondering about my sanity.  But I finished! 


No comments:

Post a Comment