Monday, January 14, 2019

Eklutna Lake

It finally warmed up enough that I felt like stepping out my door.  It was hard to get motivated with subzero temperatures.  Today I went up to Eklutna Lake and tried out my skate skis on the Eklutna Lakeside Trail.  The snow was good for skate skiing because it was smooth and fast. Nut there has obviously been significant wind recently because there were twigs and branches scattered all over the trail.  I had to take care not to catch a ski on one and end up on my face.  I'm still very poor at skate skiing, but I did see some improvement.  I am starting to get the rhythm down, but I lack endurance with that particular motion.  I'm sure like with anything, it just requires more and more practice.  I think I now prefer skate skiing to classic skiing. 


It was a spectacular day for photography because the afternoon light was perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment