Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Archangel Valley

A perfect day to practice some more with those skate skis.  Wow, I must really be out of shape.  Or maybe just haven't mastered them yet.  I seem to be able to motivate correctly with them, but I get extremely winded very quickly.  So there are probably muscles that I don't normally use, kicking in to complain about the new type of movement. I definitely did better than yesterday though.  I think if I can get out several times a week through the winter, I may finally master them.  I'm really hooked though, in spite of how poorly I seem to be performing.  I love how skating makes me feel.  It's really a lot more fun than classic skiing.  So I will probably try to use them a lot more than my others.  There are some narrow hilly trails where they would be almost impossible to use, so I will reserve those for my classic skis.  But wider trails like today at Archangel or yesterday at Eklutna, are perfect for skating.


No comments:

Post a Comment