Sunday, January 27, 2019

Mainly Marathons Aloha Series Day 4

I knew the minute I stepped out of my bed and nearly collapsed, catching my fall by grabbing onto the other bed, that I was not going to be running the full marathon today.  I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to make it to the car to drive to the start line.  Today we were back at the Smith Garden. 

I decided immediately that at most I would try to walk the 5K.  Any other goal was totally out of the question.  That was ridiculous also but I hate to admit it, I was greedy for the last medal because they are so cute.  There were no other extremely slow runners who I could tag along with, but even if there had been, no one would be as slow as I was moving.  I really could barely walk.  But I very slowly, at a 30 minute mile, managed to walk the 5K. I just considered it a slow stroll in the dark, listening to the birds and all the chickens and other animals making their funny noises in the garden.

By some miracle, I did complete the 5K.  Then in a way, I was kind of happy that I would now have the rest of the day off to sight see. 


The Medal

Then I drove to Waimea Canyon and to the beautiful Kalalau Lookout and even though I had to limp to the various lookout points, I had a lovely end to my trip to Kauai. Next time, I'm giving myself more Hawaii time.

Waimea Canyon
Na Pali Coast from Kalalau Lookout

No comments:

Post a Comment