Thursday, January 17, 2019

Archangel Valley Skiing Again

Another gorgeous day to be outside in the sunshine.  I'm flying to Hawaii late tonight.  But couldn't pass up a chance to get in one last ski workout.  Unfortunately, I slipped on the ice at the gas station in Palmer and landed on my back.  My tailbone and the back of my head both got a good smacking.  But I picked myself up and drove on up to Hatcher Pass.  I was definitely feeling some pain when I put pressure on my left ski. It was more like agonizing when I got into my car because I had to put all of my weight on that left leg.  But I'm assuming with a little Advil, I'll be able to run the Maui Oceanfront Marathon in 3 days.  I think I'll be glad that I've chosen the early start on that race!


Fog was rolling in on the Matanuska River on my way home. so I drove down to the river and took this interesting fog photo of Pioneer Peak.


No comments:

Post a Comment