Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rock 'n' Roll Arizona

I finished in the Rock 'n' Roll Phoenix Marathon, feeling pretty strong but a bit slow still.  I did beat 6 hours but not by as much as I hoped.  5:53.  I could tell that even though I got in one good month of training, I was still at a deficit because of the moose injuries.  I only had the treadmill all of December and didn't get the chance for the really long runs.  So long runs are what I am shooting for with my future training. I am also shooting for much more speed.  I'm going to crank that treadmill up and really push myself while I am up in Deadhorse in March. I'm not terribly sore, and seem to bounce right back.  I seem to be sore more in the chest from the deep breathing but my legs feel pretty good.  All in all, it was a great race with very good weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment