Monday, January 2, 2012

Ran at the Sports Center

Today was a real treat.  I finally got to run where I was actually moving forward instead of staying in one place with the treadmill floor moving beneath my feet.  I ran 5 miles at the Wasilla Sports Center indoor track.  I felt good.  I would have run longer but I needed to go to Anchorage for the planning meeting with the hiking group.  So I cut it short at just 5 miles.  It's probably time to taper a bit because the Phoenix Marathon is less than two weeks away.  I will shoot for one long run sometime this week though.  I'm still pretty tired because of the transition from working nights for a month, and now trying to sleep at night instead of during the day.

I went to REI and got a warmer down parka for the Mt. Kilimanjaro climb.  I didn't really have exactly the right thing, so now I do. The challenge is to figure out how to get everything I need into one pack that I can carry onto the plane.  I would really prefer not to check any luggage.  I think I will be able to do it using my GoLight pack and keeping things really light.  I will do the climb and safari in my true minimalist style.

No comments:

Post a Comment