Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cross Country Skiing Today

What a spectacular day to be outside.  It was so icy cold that I thought my hands and feet would freeze off.  My friend, Diane had some hand-warmers and they helped a lot.  I finally warmed up after about a mile of skiing though the woods and deep snow.  We skied 3 1/2 miles on the ski trails along the Anchorage hillside.  I was so happy to get out on my skis for the first time this winter.  At least it was calm there in Anchorage.  The wind is still howling at about 40 knots in Palmer and at my house though.  It looks like this around Palmer. Drifting snow everywhere and blowing furiously off the mountain tops.


But along the Anchorage hillside where we went skiing, it was a winter wonderland.  Only 5 degrees, but at least it was calm.
It would be hard to beat the view.




No comments:

Post a Comment