Sunday, January 8, 2012

Big Snowstorm

It has been snowing so hard the last few days that it has not even been reasonable to drive to the sports center to run.  I took the last couple of days off and took care of projects around the house.  But today I broke down and did a short 3 mile run on my own treadmill.  It seems to be a little more difficult than the fancy one in Deadhorse, but it still does the job.  It got so hot in that room that I had to open the back door and let the icy cold air come in.  That helped! I have close to 4 feet of snow in my yard right now and the roads have not been plowed.  Definately not a good place to be trying to run outdoors.  Impossible right now. I'm looking foward to the Phoenix Marathon next weekend because I will finally be able to run outdoors.  I am quite tired of treadmills and even the sports center indoor track.  It's just not quite the same as a good outdoor run.

No comments:

Post a Comment