Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Great Workout

I ran 5 miles at the sports center, and really felt good today.  It was snowing and I had about 6 inches in my yard that fell last night and it continues to fall.  Then I went to the Alaska Club and had a good workout with the weights.  All a last minute push to make sure I am in shape for climbing Mt Kilimanjaro next week.  I am all packed and ready to go.  I can't believe how much stuff I was able to cram into my GoLite Peak pack. But it is all in there, except for my camera bag that has all my camera gear stuffed into it.  Although my one giant 200-500mm zoom lens is in the backpack itself.  I don't think I could add as much as a postage stamp without the entire pack exploding!  But thank goodness I won't need to check any baggage for the trip.  It is just too risky to fly all the way from Alaska to Africa on three different planes and expect everything to end up in Africa with me.  With my luck it would all end up basking in the sun in Argentina or something.  So my policy has always been that if I want it, it goes right on the plane with me.

I'm not having much luck with fundraising for Team In Training.  I do wish I could get more donations.  I will do a final push the last two weeks of February and the month of March.  But even if I get no more donations, I will donate the remaining $2000 myself.  The cause is too important to back out now.

I could use some help though.  Please click here to donate:
http://www.race4cancer.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment