Saturday, December 24, 2011

100 Miles This Month

Little goals add up to bigger ones.  I finally hit 100 miles this month.  All on the treadmill of course, here at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel.  I just added another 5 miles.  It was really hot in there but it was far better than outside where it is now -31, Fahrenheit that is! I'm so thankful that we have really good exercise equipment up here because I don't know what I would do without it.  It's pretty close to impossible to run outdoors up here this time of year.  Narrow roads covered with ice and snow, with big trucks going by.  The sun is down all month so it is pretty dark too.  It's not only ridiculously cold out there, it is also dangerous because there are no provisions for pedestrians.  In the summer it is awesome though.  I'm looking forward to my stay up here in June.

It's Christmas Eve.  I miss being with my family.  I especially miss my mother who is no longer with us. This is our first Christmas without her. 
 
I'm going to call everyone I know and wish them a
Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment