Sunday, January 17, 2010

Marathon #9 Completed!

I did it, no speed records for sure, but I finished PF Chang's Rock & Roll Marathon in Phoenix today.  I don't know my official time yet but the gun time was just under 6 hours!  A very long time to run.  I knew I was not really ready for a full marathon after spending most of December nursing a knee injury, but I am happy that I did finish and that I ran the whole thing.  Only a couple short areas where I walked, mostly through the water stations so I didn't spill it all over myself.  We were so lucky with the weather too.  Pleasant temperatures, 70 at the highest, and a high overcast with a light breeze to keep things reasonably cool. I was sure happy to finally cross the finsh line though.

It was a very successful race for Team In Training too.  $1.6 million raised to fight blood cancer.  That's what it is really all about. 

Now I have to figure out what my next Team In Training run will be, and also prepare for the Connemara Marathon in April in Ireland.  I sure hope I can start picking up the pace in the near future though.  I would much rather run 4 or 5 hours than 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment