Thursday, January 7, 2010

Early Morning Training

I couldn't sleep so got up at 5 am and ran 4 miles indoors on my treadmill.  Then I watched the news while riding my bike on its stationary stand for 30 minutes.  I'm hoping to finish off today's workout with a little cross country skiing later, maybe up at Eklutna Lake.

I didn't get the donations I needed to meet my requirement for my Team In Training run, so I had to donate a couple thousand dollars myself.  Economic times are hard right now and it sure shows when trying to fundraise for charities.  It was disappointing, but at least I know that through my efforts, the training, the fundraising, and my own money, I was able to raise $3800 to help fight blood cancers.  No matter what, that's the goal of all my training.

One week from tonight, I will be off to Phoenix to run in the PF Chang's Rock and Roll Marathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment