Friday, January 15, 2010

Heading South

I'm sitting at the Anchorage Airport waiting for my flight to Phoenix to finally run the marathon that I have been training for.  I'm looking forward to meeting the Virtual Team In Training folks who I have been corresponding with and running with - virtually.  This was my first Virtual run.  My others have been with the Washington/Alaska Team.  I guess I will find out soon enough if I trained well enough for this race.  But how I do on the run isn't nearly as important as the cause for which we run.  I will be thinking of all of my honorees, those who have lost their fight to various blood cancers, and those who are still battling the diseases.  I hope I can see a cure in my lifetime.  Thanks to Team In Training, I think I will!


No comments:

Post a Comment