Friday, January 19, 2024

Archangel Road Ski with Pam and The Dogs

 I often hike or ski with my friend Pam on Fridays. When I told her how nice the conditions were on Archangel Road, she wanted to meet up there and ski it with me. It was Bella's first time to do a hike or ski with another dog. I was happy that she got along well with Dahla, Pam's Lhasa Apso. I think they will be great friends. We were in the shade most of the way out to the bridge and once again, Bella got cold. I ended up carrying her in my backpack for part of the distance. But on the way back we were in the sunshine and it had warmed up considerably, so she ran all the way back, pulling me on my skis. Conditions were even better than on Wednesday because the groomer kept passing by and smoothing out the trail. It was perfect conditions. Although we did have to move out of his way at times. We went about 4 and a half miles round trip. After our ski, we went up to the Hatcher Pass Lodge and had a nice lunch. It's a great place to eat because they are fine with us bringing our dogs in with us. They behaved quite well also. It was a gorgeous day.




No comments:

Post a Comment