Sunday, January 7, 2024

Skeetawk

 Between Christmas, a new dog, food poisoning from Christmas dinner, and some horrible weather, I have not had a chance to get up to the Skeetawk Ski Area to get in a Ski Patrol duty day. I finally went up for my first day downhill skiing this season. I couldn't leave the dog home for the whole 8 hours so brought her along. She stayed in the car bundled up in her blankets. I came down at least every hour to hour and a half and warmed up the car and took her for little walks around the parking lot. Most of the time I found her sound asleep under her blankets. It was a pretty good day and not terribly crowded for a Sunday. We started out before sunrise and ended in the dark doing the sweep wearing our headlamps. We do have lights on the slopes now. It wasn't a great day for pictures but I did do one selfie with Bella inside my car. 

It was nice to get out skiing. Once I convince her to use the doggie door, I will probably be able to leave her home. But it was kind of fun visiting her in between runs. She didn't seem to mind it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment