Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year Sunrise Snowshoe Hike

 I met with 12 other of the Valley Wanderers at Government Peak Recreation Area early this morning. We hiked the 3 mile round trip steep snowshoe trail up the Government Peak Race Trail to the second picnic table to see the first sunrise of the new year. It was chilly at first at 15 degrees, but at least it has warmed up from the 15-20 below zero of the last few days. My niece's boyfriend brought me an adorable 9 year old Yorkshire Terrier that had belonged to his mother who could no longer take care of her. Her name is Bella. She suddenly became my new doggie roommate on the night before New Year's Eve. She seems to love long walks and the comfort of my house and my bed. I took her on the hike this morning and she was just amazing for such a tiny little girl. She is a bundle of energy and as sweet as can be. I expect that we will go on many hiking, skiing and kayaking adventures for the next few years. I still miss my lost dog, Baby but Bella sure fills part of the empty spot her loss left behind. Suddenly it isn't nearly as lonely here as it had become. It was a gorgeous sunrise and had warmed up to 21 by the time we got done with the hike. We all went to breakfast at the Palmer Hotel restaurant and toasted in the new year with our tea, coffee and water mugs. I think 2024 has the potential of being a wonderful year. I sure hope it's a peaceful one.





Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment