Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Archangel Road Ski

 Drove up to Hatcher Pass hoping I could get away from the horrendous winds down in the valley. It was beautiful and calm up there. I skijored with Bella on the nice groomed trail. After awhile, she started slowing down and lifting her paws. I could tell her feet were getting cold. I have some booties for her but they fall off. When I get home I plan to make them a little smaller in hopes that they will stay on. Unlike my previous dog, she seems quite tolerant of them. I just had a small day pack with me, but figured she would probably fit into it. It would be a tight fit and I wondered how comfortable it would be since she weighs nearly 12 pounds. I managed to squeeze her in and she seemed quite comfortable. I was surprised how comfortable I was with the extra weight. I continued on to the bridge, where they generally discontinue the grooming. Just before the bridge the trail gets pretty rough because at that point snow machines are allowed. At the bridge we were no longer in the sun, so I kept her in the backpack. Once back in sunshine on our way back, I let her out again. I could tell it was warmer now, and she ran the whole way back without lifting her paws from the cold. The whole trip was 4.6 miles and a beautiful little ski hike. Always a gorgeous place to hike or ski.



The Archangel Creek Bridge, our turn around point.


No comments:

Post a Comment