Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Gold Mint Trail Hike

 We've had a couple of weeks of extremely cold temperatures, -20 to -30 Fahrenheit and even some high winds making things worse. My dog, Bella also had to have surgery that included spaying plus a number of mammary tumors. She was not able to do any major activity for two weeks. Yesterday she finally got her stitches out. So, today we had a really nice 4 mile hike up on the Gold Mint Trail in Hatcher Pass. Those cold temperatures are gone and it was actually over 40 degrees up there and here at home. Things are melting fast. There is major avalanche concern but we stayed down in the valley and there wasn't any sign of avalanche activity along the mountains above us. It was so nice to finally get out and go on more than a short walk up and down our street or the short walk around Reflections Lake. I could tell Bella was really happy to be out there trying to pull me off my feet the whole time. By mile 2 the snow was getting pretty deep and the trail was no longer well packed, so that's where we had to turn back since I didn't being my snowshoes. I think things will be back to normal now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment