Friday, February 23, 2024

Moose Range Ski

 Today Bella and I cross country skied out on the Moose Range trails with Pam and her dog Dahla. The conditions were amazing. The trails had been groomed and the snow was beautiful fresh powder. It was also calm and fairly sunny. We stayed on the main trail to the swamp area and from there we took off along the swamp edge on the fresh snow. It was mostly now just a snowmachine trail but once again we intersected another groomed trail. It was heavenly skiing. The trail turned into the woods once we got to the end of the swamp area. It was now much narrower and had some fairly steep hills. With the dog pulling me, I get uncomfortable if the terrain gets very steep when I'm on my skinny cross country skis. I finally crashed into a pile of snow and had quite a hard time getting myself back up. I had hurt my right foot recently and it was seriously complaining as I tried to get myself back to standing. Once I was upright again we decided to turn back and follow our original trail back to the cars. It was a beautiful little 4 mile trip.

Snowball Bella

Kings Mountain


Arkose Ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment