Friday, October 27, 2023

Eklutna Lakeside Trail

Today was an absolutely beautiful day. It was chilly, around 20 degrees, but totally clear and calm. I hiked with my friend Pam to the Bold Creek Bridge and back along the Lakeside Trail. We made a short visit to the spot where my little dog Baby was taken from us. The little butterfly mementos that I left on the trees are all still hanging there. Pam and I plan to come back each year on May 28th to commemorate Baby's short but wonderful little life. I still miss her so much. I'll never be able to hike this trail without thinking of that sad day that I lost her. But I do always feel that her spirit lingers here, as in all of the many mountains and trails where we used to hike.

The lake was so calm and the reflections were amazing. So far there is no ice on the lake. It is usually one of the later lakes to freeze. We walked a total of 10 miles, just past the 5 mile marker at the Bold Creek Bridge, then back to the parking lot. A very enchanting place.




No comments:

Post a Comment