Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Rae-Wallace Trail

 Another amazing adventure.  Just me and Baby this time.  I really wasn't sure what I would find on this trail.  I had not been there before.  I knew Rae-Wallace Peak was at the end but didn't know how difficult that might be.  At first we hiked through lots of mud and crossed small streams.  Baby got pretty good at leaping across those.  She was always afraid of any water, but seems to have overcome that fear. She's probably never going to be the kind of dog that chases sticks out into the ocean, but at least I don't have to carry her over tiny trickles of water crossing the trail anymore.  It was lush and green everywhere along the trail. It climbs up on several small ridges into a bowl surrounded by Marmot Mountain, Microdot and the Rae-Wallace Peak.  There was a huge amount of snow still in the bowl beneath Rae-Wallace, even though it was likely possible to climb it, I wasn't about to head up through that snow, scree, and boulders by myself. We investigated some of the ruins of the old mine that was the actual destination of this trail. Looking up at Marmot Mountain, I think the best way to climb Rae-Wallace may be to simply continue down the rocks from Marmot. I've heard it is done either way.  But I was quite satisfied just getting to the snowfield. It was a lovely walk.





No comments:

Post a Comment