Friday, July 8, 2022

Gold Cord Lake

I spent lots of the last few days just paddling around in my kayak to Jim Creek and Rabbit Slough. Got lots of arm workout but no hiking or running except for the usual walking of the dog.  But today I took the dog back up to Gold Cord Lake. It's just a short hike of only a couple miles but the views are always extraordinary. We hiked partway around the lake this time. Baby was busy chasing ground squirrels and trying to pull me off my feet as we hiked over the boulders.  But she never caught any of the little critters.  I think they were actually teasing her. We got a much different view of the lake from the far side.  Still lots of snow and ice on the lake but only half as much as our last visit about a week ago.  It's such a pretty place. My dog really loves to go there.  She finds so many interesting smells and tries to crawl down into all the squirrel and marmot holes.  




No comments:

Post a Comment