Monday, June 6, 2022

Peak 4199

 This was a really interesting hike. First we started up the Matanuska Peak Trail, then soon after the junction of the Lazy Mountain Southside Trail, we turned left and followed a narrow trail marked with reflectors up to the saddle between Lazy Mountain and the ridge that leads to Matanuska Peak. It was a lot of climbing but I had no trouble keeping up with the others most of the time. When we reached one hill that seemed to go on forever, I did start to fall a little behind.  I think I was just getting tired. Then we went down for a little while then back up to our destination peak with no name but the elevation of 4199 feet.  It did offer amazing views of Matanuska Peak and the mountains on the other side of the ridge, including Red Mountain.  Baby amazed everyone by not only keeping up but at times actually dragging me impatiently to the various summits.  After that peak, we continued on for a few more ups and downs, then started down cross country to finally intersect the Matanuska Peak Trail to return down to our cars parked at the Smith Road Trailhead.  This hike was also with the Valley Wanderers.  They are a hardy group and if I continue to hike with them, I will surely end up in superb physical shape.  



No comments:

Post a Comment