Saturday, June 18, 2022

Anchorage Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon

It was almost perfect weather for a marathon today.  A little light rain at the start and just enough wind to keep the mosquitoes at bay. I probably wasn't really in marathon shape.  I've been so wrapped up in hiking and yard work that I've hardly done any actual running.  I was a little worried that I would find a full marathon to be too much.  But I was actually pretty comfortable all day.  I was still very slow, much slower than I really wanted. But I still beat the time limit of 7:30  by about 22 minutes. I was first in my age group of 75-99. It seems they weren't very optimistic about the potential number of elderly females though. Most age groups only consist of 5 numbers.  They kind of lumped all of us older ladies together. I was the only woman over 75. I felt quite good the whole day in spite of what I feel was totally inadequate training. 

Official Finisher Photo


Such a gorgeous medal!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment