Monday, June 27, 2022

Marmot Mountain

 Such a beautiful hike! Once again with the Valley Wanderers.  They find such amazing places. I have hiked partway up this trail in the past, but had no idea how far it was to the actual top. It's a spectacular hike with amazing views of Hatcher Pass and the mountains on all sides as you climb up the ridge. It's fairly steep, especially in the beginning, but is really more of a gentle ridge walk with numerous rocky false summits until you get to the point where it then becomes a rather steep rocky descent to join the ridge to Rae-Wallace Peak. Once up there, it was so peaceful and lovely that I didn't want to ever come down.  My hiking buddies all needed to get home to various obligations, but I had none.  So I decided to just stay up there for another hour and enjoy the peaceful majesty of the views in all directions.  Baby relaxed on a rock beside me and we just chilled. This was one of the most enjoyable hikes I've ever done, partly because I didn't feel the rush to head back down and meet any imaginary time constraints.  Baby and I finally took our time and wandered slowly back down the ridge to the trailhead.  It was a perfect sunny summer day.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment