Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Eklutna Lakeside Trail

 I've been taking it very easy, resting my sore knee from the marathon and fall on Government Peak. But at least I don't seem to have much trouble walking when the terrain is mostly flat and smooth.  So I ventured up to Eklutna Lake to see what the conditions are and maybe to catch some more fall colors.  As always, it was fantastic up there.  I only planned to walk about one mile but when I reached the one mile marker, I just couldn't stop.  I continued on to mile 2 then decided it was best to turn around and not push my luck.  It was a gorgeous day with blue skies and new snow on the mountains. The lake was much higher than my last few trips up there. A lot of the leaves have already fallen but it was still very beautiful with many still hanging on. My dog, Baby was delighted to finally walk a little farther than up and down my road. She thrives on checking out new places and bouncing through the fallen leaves. We walked 4 miles and I'm not feeling much pain in my knee. I'm hoping that's a sign that it is finally healing. I'm really missing my long uphill hikes and hope I can get back to normal soon.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment