Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Twin Peaks Trail

What a spectacular autumn day to hike Twin Peaks.  It was so beautiful and I really needed a nice uphill climb.  I usually just stay on the official trial and then head up to the upper ridge towards Pepper Peak for the great view of the lake.  But I got tempted by the very steep shortcut that bypasses the second bench and goes straight up to the ridge from the first bench.  I'm not so sure I would recommend that route, but it was beautiful and gives a view of the lake from a totally different perspective. It's really quite straight up and very steep.  But I'm glad I gave it a try.  I came down the regular way though.  The fall colors are not quite at peak yet, but they certainly didn't disappoint.  On my way down from the ridge a couple of guys asked me if I had seen the bear that crossed the ridge 10 minutes before I did.  Thank goodness, I had managed to missed encountering him!

Baby, my chihuahua seemed to really enjoy herself.  She tried her best to pull me off my feet as she ran all the way down, making me run along with her. 








No comments:

Post a Comment